Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! I am a big fan of Mortimer Adler, and have always thought that it would be fun to follow a "Great Books" curriculum. I've decided to undertake the task on my own, and share my thoughts and favorite insights on this blog. I'll be using the reading list from St. John's College as a foundation (http://www.stjohnscollege.edu/academic/readlist.shtml).

For a little background about myself, I am a Latin teacher, so I have some background with most of the books that I will be reading and posting about (although certainly not all!). Some of these books I've read before, but I'll be reading them again for this adventure.

The root goal is simply my own learning and edification. I've decided to share my journey for two reasons: 1) to keep me accountable. Perhaps if someone else is out there reading this, I might be more inclined to stay on top of my "assignments"; and 2) as a guide and aid to anyone else who is a seeker.

Feel free to comment or question. I'll do my best to answer any questions, and I'm sure I'll appreciate the comments!

1 comment: