Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Meditations L

Fiftieth post of Marcus Aurelius quotes! This is quite the milestone! Thanks for hanging with me and reading. Many more posts to come!

From Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations":



“All men are made one for another: either then teach them better, or bear with them.”


Wise words! We are created for one another. If we are irritated by another, we should teach him/her better or bear with him/her. That is a convicting quote for myself. Dealing with teenagers all day, there are many times that I find their behavior frustrating or irritating. But Aurelius is right: I'm called to teach them better, and in the meantime to bear with them. Patience is probably the most important virtue I can exercise in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment